- Location: Solway House, The Crichton, DG1 4TA, Dumfries & Galloway, Dumfries, United Kingdom
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling & Therapeutic Care
- Octia Conference 2013 How feelings are expressed online
- Octia Webcast 2015 Beginning, developing and strengthening the way we work online
- Recommend me:
I am a registered psychodynamic counsellor working in South West Scotland. I offer individual consultations face to face, by telephone and online. My areas of special interest are childhood trauma, perinatal mental health and PTSD.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to the ethical guidelines of this professional body and am accountable to the BACP Ethical Framework. My commitment to regular clinical supervision and Continued Professional Development is ongoing and I hold full Disclosure Scotland.
There are many different reasons why people choose to see a therapist, you don’t necessarily need to be ‘ill’ to come to counselling. It may be that you feel you just need some time to talk through recent challenges in your life. On the other hand, there may be specific issues or symptoms that you are experiencing (with or without a diagnosis of mental ill health), that you feel you would like to begin to work through with a trained counsellor.
Using the psychodynamic approach, I aim to listen carefully to what you say and, in response, help you to think about and make links between events and themes in your life. My role is not to advise you, rather to work with you and support you to discover your own solutions.