- MBACP (Registered member)
- MSc Biomolecular Organisation (Distinction)
- PgDiploma Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PgCertificate Evidenced Based Practice (CBT)
- Certificate in Rewind Therapy - Human Givens Institute
- Certificate in Understanding anxiety & PTSD - Human Givens Institute
- Certificate in Effective (Solution focussed) Brief Therapy - Human Givens Institute
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2011/2012)
Online Counselling Skills Certificate
- Location: LA9 4UJ, England, Kendal, United Kingdom
- Member organisations:
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PgCert Evidence Based Psychological Approaches (CBT)
- Certificate in Understanding Anxiety and Managing it Without Drugs
- Certificate in Effective Brief Psychotherapy
- Certificate in The Fast Trauma and Phobia Cure
- OCST 1 Online Counselling Skills Certificate
- Recommend me:
- My availability
My session prices
Video sessionfrom £35Voice sessionfrom £40IM sessionfrom £35Email sessionfrom £35In-Person sessionfrom £35
How I can help you
I offer you the pause that you might need to work through anything that is upsetting you or causing you distress as well as traumas of all kinds This can be face to face , on line via text, instant messaging or video chat as you prefer.
What to expect
You can expect a non judgmental , safe space I provide for you to talk about anything that is troubling you where I will offer reflections that while sometimes challenging are safe and led by you. I can offer on line as well as in person counselling in my comfortable and private space in Kendal. . Some types of trauma support such as rewind therapy are only available for in person counselling and I can discuss your needs further if you would like to contact me. Please feel free to visit my website at www.lakestherapy.co.uk for some more information about me.
Hello and welcome. I am a person centered counsellor qualified with level 7 diploma in Counselling and psychotherapy with an additional level 7 certificate in CBT so you can feel confident with the professional support available. I have worked with the emergency services for some years supporting their trauma risk management program and staff who are dealing with significant trauma so frequently. I have also provided counselling services for a local mental health charity and supported a wide range of distress including, anxiety, depression , Traumas , flood recovery, post psychosis recovery, PTSD, self esteem , lonliness, anger management and many others.
We will have an introductory session where I can let you know some more about myself, how counselling works and you can decide if you would be happy to work with me. As it is very important that you are able to make an informed decision I believe it is ethical not to charge for the first half hour. If you wish to carry on then we can look at how often you would prefer future sessions. These are usually weekly but can be fortnightly if you prefer. You can have as many or few as suits you as the idea is you always remain in control of the process.
I work to the ethical framework of the BACP (british association of counselling and psychotherapy and the association of counselling and therapy on line.
Please Note : For us to be able to work together you need to be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK