- Express thoughts and feelings which have been suppressed or kept hidden.
- Take a step back from your experiences and gain new insight.
- Use the counsellor as a sounding board for ideas and benefit from their impartiality.
- Spend time each week in safe non-judgmental caring environment.
- Be the centre of someone’s attention rather than always looking after others.
- Location: Market Harborough, United Kingdom
- Professional bodies:
- What I help people with:
(in order of expertise)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Work Stress
- Low Self-Esteem
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Relationship Issues
- Entrepreneurship Stress
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- MSc in Person-Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy
- Recommend me:
- My availability
How I can help you
By sharing your thoughts, feelings and or experiences with a counsellor you can choose to:
Past clients have been amazed that this process can help bring about changes to themselves which they hadn't thought possible.Often people come to counselling when they've tried all other options of coping (such as speaking to family, friends, their GP etc), and feel stuck about what to do next.
What to expect
Counselling is based on the idea that by sharing your thoughts, feelings and experiences with someone in a safe non-judgemental environment, you can begin to process them. Processing your experiences means staying with them long enough to make sense of them which can then generate insight and sometimes new choices. Often distress is caused in a relationship with someone else e.g. a parent, partner, friend, sibling etc and therefore working through your feelings in a therapeutic relationship can help to remedy this. This is why it’s important that you choose a counsellor who you feel is a good fit with your personality and way of working.
I currently only work face to face, so if you live in the Market Harborough, or Stony Stratford areas, please don't hesitate to book a session with me in one of my professional therapy locations.
My name is Elizabeth and I am an experienced Psychotherapist & counsellor, practicing in Market Harborough and Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes. I am a person-centred therapist which means that my work is tailored to the needs of each client to create a safe, confidential and non-judgmental therapeutic environment in which my clients can explore issues and affect change in their lives. You can find out more about me and my qualifications on my website www.elizabethclarke.com