- Present: PhD Research Studentship – University of Nottingham
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Counselling and Therapeutic Studies-1st Class
- Registered Member British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Leading Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (LEAP)
- Gestalt Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Advanced Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children Training
- First Aid Training (3 Day)
- Reiki Level 2 (Okuden)
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Practitioner Training (LEAP)
- Empowering Families (B-eat)
- Personality Disorder Awareness Training Knowledge (KUF)
- Everybody's Business – Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Delay Training - Teenage Pregnancy (Derby Teenage Pregnancy Strategy)
- Suicide Awareness Training (Suicide Awareness Partnership)
- Mental Health Awareness Train the Trainer Training
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing (Derby City NHS)
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 4 (PTLLS)
- NLP Practitioner, Hypnotherapy and Time Line Therapy (Inspire 360)
- Equine Assisted Therapy: Working in a safe environment with the ponies can help unlock your feelings, develop your sense of self, your ability to be in the moment and to listen to your intuition. This work all takes place on the ground with no riding involved. No prior experience of horses is required. NO RIDING INVOLVED.
- Reiki: Reiki is a Japenese system of healing that enhances the body's natural ability to heal itself. Reiki is totally safe and gentle and is not affiliated with any specific religion, faith, or belief system. It can be received by anyone who wishes to receive it.
- Location: NG10 5EA, England, Sandiacre, United Kingdom
- What I help people with:
(in order of expertise)
- Personality Disorders
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- LEAP EFP/L Practitioner Training Programme Certificate
- Everybody's Business (safeguarding) Programme Achievement
- Recommend me:
- My availability
How I can help you
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
Therapy offers you a safe, confidential place to talk about your life and anything that may be confusing, painful or uncomfortable. It allows you to talk with someone who is trained to listen attentively and to help you improve things.
I offer counselling & psychotherapy to individuals from a variety of back grounds and different issues. I have flexibility in my appointment times and am able to offer early morning and evening appointments to fit in with your availability.
I am a caring, empathic, friendly and sensitive person. I have my own experience of mental health services and counselling. This helps me to understand first hand how life changing counselling and therapy can be.
What to expect
I believe that the most important part of any therapy is to build a trusting relationship, where clients can feel safe and secure so they feel able to share their experience in confidence. This is why I encourage you to contact me before considering if I would be the right therapist for you - a short conversation may give you the information that you need about how well we may be able to work together. I offer a 30 minute free trial via IM to see how we maybe able to work together, after which you can book sessions via this website from my Calendar function. I feel its important that we jointly agree the right therapeutic approach to best meet your needs, so our first session will look at what you'd like to get out of counselling and how I maybe able to support you.
Please have a look at my website for more information if you'd like face to face appointments or to find out more about me.
If you decide that you would like to work with me, then our first session will involve discussing your needs and expectations so that we can work out how best to achieve what you would like to get from this experience. I work in an integrative way which means that I can be flexible in how I work. It is important to note that I also work from a person centred core, which means that I will place you and your needs at the centre of the relationship and am guided by you throughout.
I specialise in working with children and young people and those affected by eating difficulties and disorders and body image and self esteem issues. I have suffered from depression and an eating disorder and am now fully recovered. I have experience of working within psychiatric inpatient care, community mental health settings, education settings and residential care within the statutory, private and voluntary sector. I am the Chair of the Board of Trustees at Freed Beeches - a service in Nottingham that provides clinical support to those affected by eating disorders. I am also a Lecturer in Counselling at the University of Derby Online and studying for my PhD at the University of Nottingham.
As well as offering online sessions through Plus Guidance, I run my private practice in NG10 and am DBS checked.
Training Courses and Workshops (Continued Professional Development)
As well as Integrative Counselling, I offer: