- 4 years working online experience of working with adults and young people dealing with a range of issues.
- Various online projects (Relate) - including iRelate a project working in conjunction with schools across the country supporting young people online, and working online supporting parents of troubled teens
- Work for the charity Survive in York as the Male Service Co-ordinator providing support for adult survivors of sexual abuse and have alot of experience of working with this client group,
- I am also a trained trainer and have helped deliver training to parents of teens.
- MBACP and MCOSRT
- Location: York, United Kingdom
- What I help people with:
(in order of expertise)
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Issues
- Low Self-Esteem
- Dissociative Disorders
- Family Issues
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
- University Advanced Diploma in Introduction to Couple Counselling
- Counselling in Text, Email and Live Chat Training by Relate
- Recommend me:
- My availability
How I can help you
I specialise in working with couples and individuals who maybe experiencing a range of issues especially in regard to their relationships (partners / family members) - I can help to improve communication, sexual issues amongst other things.
All relationships have ups and downs and when things start to feel difficult it can feel very hard to know how to change the unhelpful patterns that have developed. Talking it through with a neutral non judgemental third person can really help to explore these unhelpful patterns - whether its difficulties in communication, the couple side of the relationship becoming neglected, or perhaps sexual difficulities causing issues and rather than the issues being discussed and resolved they slowly become the 'elephant in the room' and however we try to broach these nothing seems to change.
What to expect
I have regular supervision, both individually and as part of a group of qualified counsellors, working within the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) guidelines for ongoing professional development. I am a member of the BACP and College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)