- 4 years working online experience of working with adults and young people dealing with a range of issues.
- Various online projects (Relate) - including iRelate a project working in conjunction with schools across the country supporting young people online, and working online supporting parents of troubled teens
- Work for the charity Survive in York as the Male Service Co-ordinator providing support for adult survivors of sexual abuse and have alot of experience of working with this client group,
- I am also a trained trainer and have helped deliver training to parents of teens.
- MBACP and MCOSRT
- Location: York, United Kingdom
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
- University Advanced Diploma in Couple Counselling
- Youth Access certificates working with Young People
- Relate online counselling certificate
- Recommend me:
How I can help you
I specialise in working with couples and individuals who maybe experiencing a range of issues especially in regard to their relationships (partners / family members) - I can help to improve communication, sexual issues amongst other things.
All relationships have ups and downs and when things start to feel difficult it can feel very hard to know how to change the unhelpful patterns that have developed. Talking it through with a neutral non judgemental third person can really help to explore these unhelpful patterns - whether its difficulties in communication, the couple side of the relationship becoming neglected, or perhaps sexual difficulities causing issues and rather than the issues being discussed and resolved they slowly become the 'elephant in the room' and however we try to broach these nothing seems to change.
What to expect
I strongly believe that the therapeutic relationship between the client and the therapist is one of the most important aspects in helping you to make the changes that you want to make. I work in an intergrated way which means I use various theories / strategies afterall, we are all different and what may work for one person may not for another. I pride myself on working in a professional an empathic, non judgemental way and have helped many clients get to where they want to be and address and resolve the issues you maybe facing. Some of the issues I can help with are depression, anxiety, low self esteem, relationship issues i.e. communication, sexual difficulties, recovering from an affair etc.
I trained and qualified as a Psychosexual Therapist, a Relationship and Young Person’ counsellor (age 10+) with Relate Mid-Yorkshire working with individuals, couples and young people. I currently work as an online counsellor for Relate National and have Six and half years face to face. online counselling experience and have my own private practice in York (Yorkshire Counselling Services) www.yorkshirecounsellingservices.co.uk
I have regular supervision, both individually and as part of a group of qualified counsellors, working within the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) guidelines for ongoing professional development. I am a member of the BACP and College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)