- Location: Cornwall, United Kingdom
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- BA (Joint Hons) Psychology and Sociology
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate of Attendance Mindfulness Teacher Training Retreat Level 1
- BACP Accreditation
- Certificate of Attendance 3 day introductory CBT course
- Online Counselling Services and Training (OCST) 1 Certificate in Online Counselling Skills Course.
- Recommend me:
Hello I'm Kate and I provide an on-line counselling service for clients aged 18+ using email or instant messaging exchanges. I am happy to work with you either over a short period of time or longer if you feel it would be helpful.
As a person centred counsellor, I believe that we all have an innate tendency to find our way forward and the capacity to live a more personally satisfying life. You know best how you feel and how things are for you, and you will have control over the pace of our sessions and what you choose to talk about. I will support you to explore and untangle the issues and difficulties that concern you and help you to tap into your inner resources to find a more helpful way forward.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am also a member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO). I work as a part time University Counsellor providing face to face and on-line counselling and I have 10 years’ experience working with students from all walks of life who bring a wide range of issues. I have experience working as a qualified volunteer counsellor and phone-line support worker within a Rape Crisis Centre. I also have experience supporting parents and carers of children with newly diagnosed disability.
If you would like to, please message me to see how best I can support you and arrange an appointment which is mutually convenient.