- to talk or write about the issues you are having trouble with
- to develop new coping strategies and to reflect upon and review how well these are working
- to make the changes you desire and achieve your goals
- I work in an integrative way which means I will draw from a variety of therapies selected to suit you and your individual circumstances.
- This begins with a primary consultation, during which we will discuss your issues, your expectations of therapy and how we can meet those together.
- Whatever mode of communication you choose - email, instant messaging, audio or video, the expectation is that we will work hard together to achieve the best results for you.
- My work is bound by the BACP Code of Ethics and their guidelines on confidentiality
- Location: Alnwick, United Kingdom
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Diploma in Counselling (University of Nottingham)
- Masters in Counselling (University of Derby)
- Certificate of Training in the Underlying Psychology of Counselling (Lincoln Clinic and Institute for Psychotherapy, London)
- Recommend me:
How I can help you
How do you live your life now and how do you want to live your life in the future?
Do you know the issues involved already or do you need help to identify them? What would you say if you were to describe these issues to me?
I can help you by providing an opportunity to have a dedicated time :
What to expect
Having spent ten years working in a residential setting with survivors of sexual abuse, I then started a private practice alongside employment as a counsellor in the public sector. With over twenty-five years experience as a therapist I specialise in helping people deal with the effects of sexual abuse, domestic violence and addictive behaviours. The counselling I offer is warm and supportive, with the focus on helping you to develop strategies and resources to move forwards. My primary aim as a counsellor is simple - to help you regain control over your life.
You may also like to view my website at redferncounsellingservices.com