- Having completed the academic part of a Diploma in Clinical Supervision at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute in 2016 I am now working towards accreditation. I currently have reduced fee places at £20/hour as I work towards full accreditation with the UKCP.
- The Humanistic Person-Centred training and UKCP accreditation combined with variety of experiential and integrative CPDs and training over the years of my practice working with in private practice. Having worked for the British Association of Anger Management, with younger people for a number of years and also in drug and alcohol recovery centres, gives me a breadth of experience and knowledge. Combined with what I feel is a warm, non-judgemental atmosphere in which to support, develop or maintain your practice.
- I've benefited from good supervision, and continue to do so for both my clinical practice and supervision. That environment of support, curiosity and desire to work effectively and ethically with my clients is what I aim to provide to my supervisees.
- Contact me to discuss arranging this. You can also follow this link for guidance on how to access supervision https://plusguidance.com/provider-guides/supervision
- Location: 7 Lonsdale Road, NG7 3DU, England, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Member organisations:
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- PgDip in Humanistic Person-Centred Psychotherapy
- Recommend me:
- My availability
My session prices
Video sessionfrom £40Voice sessionfrom £40IM sessionfrom £40In-Person sessionfrom £40
How I can help you
I aim to provide a warm, accepting environment where clients are supported and helped to deal with issues they bring. An authentic, confidential and secure atmosphere for therapy or counselling allows the opportunity to explore, understand and work towards your therapeutic goals, with the passion and humour I bring for this work.
How you see, feel and experience yourself is the expert opinion and that matters. Matters to me, and matters in how you relate to yourself. It can be all too often that events from the past, distant or recent, impact your life right now. The result might be anxiety, depression, anger, a sense of shame or hurt. These feelings matter and are part of making the choices that shape our lives.
What to expect
Choosing to start counselling can be a challenge. Dealing with the "difficult stuff" is something we are all capable of avoiding. It needs to feel safe enough to talk about what can feel the most vulnerable, and at times hardest to put into words. This is my role, to create the atmosphere where there is trust in; lack of being judged, found too much, or not enough, being heard and seen, and valued.
Counselling is about this, understanding and perhaps regaining power in relation to choices, or power in our responses to choices that were made for us. Working at your pace, I aim to offer support so fresh ways of seeing yourself, options and choices become available.
I've trained on an on-going basis since 2003 and I blend a number of styles of work, based on both training and style requirement for where I've worked. This means I can work in a brief or more solution focused manner and also with clients on a longer term basis with more complex or challenging issues.
I practised initially providing Anger Management training for the British Association of Anger Management. Once I'd completed that specific training and started working for BAAM I then starting training with Spectrum, a Humanistic Integrative Experiential centre in London to continue extending my therapeutic practice. The Anger Management courses proved successful in Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centres where I then moved on to practice, whilst continuing training. Around 2006 I moved from London to the East Midlands and started a training at Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute for a Post Graduate qualification and towards accreditation by UKCP, which I completed in 2013. Throughout this time I've maintained a private practice working with individuals, couples and groups.