- Online Counsellor with Talklife Connect.
- School Counsellor in a secondary school in the Borough of Greenwich
- Volunteer School Counsellor at a secondary school in Bromley.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Bromley Community Counselling Service
- Volunteer Counsellor at Evolve Housing + Support, formerly South London YMCA
- Volunteer Counsellor Place2Be in a primary school in Croydon
- Volunteer Counsellor at Carers Support Merton in Mitcham.
- Certificate in Online Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Couples Counselling Course
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Working with Disordered Eating Workshop
- Working with Self-Harm (BACP)
- BACP Private Practice Conference - Relationships, why do we bother?
- BACP Webinar - OCTIA 2016 - Relationational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- Anxiety Workshop
- Love and Intimacy Workshop
- Eros in the Counselling Room Workshop
- The Spectrum of Narcissim Workshop
- The Hidden Taboo (Sexual Abuse by Females) Workshop
- Loss of Innocence (Childhood Sexual Abuse) Workshop
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Caring for People with Psychosis and Schizophrenia
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance
- Psychopharmacology and counselling and psychotherapy (BACP)
- UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders (BACP Webinar)
- Complex Trauma Workshop
- Location: Croydon, United Kingdom
- Member organisations:
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Online Counselling Skills Certificate (OCST)
- Recommend me:
- My availability
My session prices
Video sessionfrom £33Voice sessionfrom £28IM sessionfrom £28Email sessionfrom £28In-Person sessionfrom £38
How I can help you
I offer online counselling to both individuals and couples. Online counselling can help with a wide range of issues, including anxiety, stress, depression, anger issues, eating difficulties, loneliness, relationship problems, bereavement, self-esteem, sexual orientation, life style choices, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional or neglect), discrimination, addiction and many more.
I am not able to provide online counselling to any person who is under the age of 18. If this applies to you, I can help with information on referral to other agencies providing face-to-face counselling services or online work which is specifically directed to a younger age group.
What to expect
What is Online Counselling
Online counselling provides an opportunity to explore a personal difficulty in a confidential and supportive environment. This may include expressing feelings that are painful, and which many of us experience at certain times in our lives. When this happens it can be difficult to stay positive and cope with everyday life. Online Counselling can provide you with the opportunity to access counselling support at a time and in a place which is convenient to you and be supported in trying to find a positive way forward with personal issues or concerns.
You may be looking for advice. It is rare for me to offer advice, even if asked for it. I believe that only you can choose the direction you want to go in, and that is why your own decision making is essential. The best advice you can follow is your own, and I shall do my best to help you to work things out for yourself.
I am a BACP registered Therapeutic Counsellor and I conduct my counselling practice within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. I am also a member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO) and adhere to their Code of Ethics. I work in private practice offering both face-to-face counselling and online counselling to adults and couples over the age of 18. In addition I have experience of working in schools and the charity sector. I have worked with clients across all age ranges and I have the fullest commitment to offering a service which is welcoming to all backgrounds in a supportive and non-discriminatory manner. People decide to have counselling for many different reasons and often seek it out because something is causing unhappiness or a feeling of things not being quite right. By working as an integrative counsellor, I tailor what I offer to my client’s needs and personal circumstances. By bringing together elements of specific therapies, my aim is to help my client to explore what is causing unhappiness or difficult feelings. I believe that all human beings have the ability to fulfill their potential provided empathy and understanding is present and this is what I aim to offer when I work with a client either online or in person.
About the way I work
I will provide, to the best of my ability, online counselling opportunities that endeavor to create a supportive, non-judgmental environment in which you will be given time and space to understand and gain insight into your situation. This process can foster growth and lead to positive change in your life. I will not be in a position to offer advice. Please note that online counselling using the written word is different to face-to-face work, as misunderstandings may occur due to a lack of facial expressions, body language and tone of voice. I feel it is important to be mindful of this, and I ask my clients to be aware of this, so that we can work through this should it occur.
Training, Qualifications and Continued Professional Development
My core training during my diploma was focused on the person-centred (humanistic) and psychodynamic approaches to counselling. However, I have also extended my knowledge to include other models, including some CBT. My formal counselling training to become qualified as a counsellor took four years, but the learning never stops. I regularly attend additional training and professional development groups in order to increase my knowledge and to further develop my skills as a counsellor and to improve my practice.
Recent courses/workshops attended include: