- Are you going through a stressful time right now?
- Worrying about a decision you need to make…?
- Feeling that you’re not moving through life as you would like?
- Maybe there are other issues you would like to discuss…
- You want flexible support to fit around your commitments and needs without having to travel
- You’re more confident writing than speaking about your issue [this is where instant messaging and email exchange can be particularly helpful]
- ….. With instant messaging and email you also have a record of what you have written and of my responses.
- A free pre-therapy assessment to help us both decide if counselling with me will be beneficial to you, and to clarify what our focus will be
- Being deeply understood (despite the absence of visual cues if communicating by instant messaging or email) – and I will continue to check in with you as to the accuracy of my understanding
- Having a safe space to explore what you wish
- Looking at options with warmth, affirmation and feedback from me
- Being with a trustworthy, consistent and reliable professional
- I will attempt to offer you an online presence as fully as if we were in the same room together
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- What I help people with: (in order of expertise)
- Therapy types I offer: (in order of most commonly practised)
Languages I give therapy in:
- Qualifications verified by PlusGuidance:
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Online Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Accreditation
- Recommend me:
- My availability
My session prices
Video sessionfrom gbp40Voice sessionfrom gbp40IM sessionfrom gbp40Email sessionfrom gbp40
How I can help you
If so, I may be the right counsellor for you.
Could Online Counselling be right for you?
I offer online counselling via instant messaging, email exchange and webcam. There are certainly advantages if:
What to expect
I work mainly using a Person-Centred approach, and may draw upon Cognitive-Behavioural and Transactional Analysis models where I feel this could be helpful in working with you.
A quote from the founder of Person-Centred therapy, Carl Rogers, that I find inspirational: ‘The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change’http://journalpsyche.org/revisiting-carl-rogers-theory-of-personality/
Working with me you will have the experience of:
My professional standards:
I am committed to working in the best interests of my clients and within the principles of the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions - see http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethics/ and the BACP Guidelines for Online Counselling and Psychotherapy 3rd edn. (2009) eds. K. Anthony and S. Goss.
I have regular and professional supervision of my client work to ensure good practice.
I have worked successfully as a counsellor – qualified since 1997 and BACP accredited since 2001 – in different agency settings, a GP Practice and in private practice, enabling clients to work through difficult feelings around a range of issues, including anxiety, depression, loss, recovery from drug and alcohol addiction, and to see their way forward more clearly.
I am specially trained in online counselling and qualified to diploma level. This means I have awareness and experience of the issues that may arise in online work, particularly with regard to ensuring your safety, privacy and confidentiality.
I am open-minded and approachable. I celebrate the diversity and manifold differences of human beings and you will find me acceptant and non-judgemental of you and what you bring to therapy, and keen to understand all the various facets of you.